Description of Parts Therapy Workshop
How can you effectively help the client who struggles with inner conflicts? Someone strongly desiring to attain a goal, but who also experiences self-sabotage, may be a prime candidate for PARTS THERAPY. Often using different names, others emulate this profoundly beneficial technique taught and practiced by the late Charles Tebbetts. Competently facilitated, parts therapy often helps people get past barriers when other techniques are insufficient. However, there are pitfalls that must be avoided in order to maximize results for your clients.
Learn parts therapy either from Roy Hunter or Bruce Eimer, PhD, ABPP, or a Certified Parts Therapy Trainer. The parts therapy workshop is experiential, and is a MUST for any hypnotherapist not totally familiar with parts therapy or one of its variations.
Roy Hunter is the published author of two hypnosis texts based on the teachings of the late Charles Tebbetts, as well as Hypnosis for Inner Conflict Resolution: Introducing Parts Therapy (Crown House Publishing, 2005). All who attend a parts therapy workshop will receive a participant workbook. Roy also has two articles on parts therapy posted on this website.
Undecided? Read Roy’s Parts Therapy book first…(click here, or on Hypnosis Books button)
Objectives: Participants will learn…
1. Explain the concept of Parts Therapy;
2. Compare Parts Therapy with several other similar techniques such as Ego State Therapy;
3. Summarize the four objectives that constitute the foundation of Client Centered Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy;
4. Assess when Parts Therapy is indicated;
5. Explain to a client how Parts Therapy is a way to mediate inner conflicts between different parts of the client's personality;
6. Utilize hypnotic techniques in order to adequately prepare the client for the Parts Therapy process;
7. Properly apply the eleven steps of the Parts Therapy process (or protocol) to help a client resolve an inner conflict;
8. Practice the Parts Therapy steps through group role play;
9. Demonstrate the preferred technique for integrating the parts before emerging the client;
10. Use hypnotic suggestions and imagery to help the subconscious accept the resolution as fitting and viable;
11. Observe demonstrations of the application of the 11-Step Process (protocol);
12. Explain the conceptual and clinical rationale for each step of the Parts Therapy process.
1. Learning Objectives
2. Introduction and Overview
3. Variations of Parts Therapy
4. Important Background Information: The Four Hypnotherapeutic Steps to Facilitate Change; What Is Parts Therapy?; Which Hypnotherapy Objectives Can Parts Therapy Fulfill?; Why Regression Therapy Is a Prerequisite to Parts Therapy; Hypnotic Regressions: Cautions; When Is Parts Therapy Appropriate?; Ideomotor Responding and Psychodynamics; Ideomotor Questions to Assess Symptom Psychodynamics
5. When Is Parts Therapy Appropriate?
Sometimes it is obvious, but not always; Ideomotor Responding and Psychodynamics; Scripts for Setting Up Ideomotor Response Signals; Ideomotor Questions to Assess Symptom Psychodynamics
6. Exploring Parts Therapy: Article written by Charles Tebbetts; An Important 1990 Update; Other Updates; Overview of Important Procedures
7. The Parts Therapy Session: Preparation (First Phase of Parts Therapy); The 11-Step Process (the Second Phase of Parts Therapy); Conclusion (Third Phase, Concluding the Parts Therapy Session)
8. Avoiding Potential Pitfalls
9. Parts Therapy for Pain Management*
10. Unresolved Past Grief*
11. For the Open-Minded: Exploring our spiritual potential and more…*
12. Demonstration and Concluding Comments
*Topics 9 through 11 will be covered based on the combination of remaining time and group interest.
Role play exercises are included, as well as breaks as needed throughout each day.
A certificate of professional education in parts therapy will be provided to all who attend both days. An optional “Certified Parts Therapy Facilitator” certificate from the Tebbetts Parts Therapy Foundation is available for those who choose to meet additional requirements.
To promote a workshop OR be contacted when a workshop or parts therapy class is available near you, please email Roy Hunter (email@example.com) and put “Parts Therapy” in the subject line. Please include the city and state (or country) where you live or practice.
*The optional first day of three will cover client centered regression therapy. Either regression or parts therapy may be taken separately, or done as a total package. With the "full meal deal" workshop, two days are devoted to client centered regression therapy either preceding or following a parts therapy workshop. If you are interested in attending, check the "Upcoming Presentations" link on the side. If you are interested in promoting a parts therapy workshop, contact Roy Hunter by phone or email. If you wish to sponsor a workshop for your business or association, whether self-help or hypnotherapy training, please contact Roy directly at Alliance Self-Empowerment. Or, if you prefer, you may phone 1-253-927-8888.
Last update: July 19, 2018