Hypnotic Regression Therapy
Roy Hunter will teach Client Centered Hypnotic Regression Therapy in YOUR area upon request...either as a 2-day or 1-day workshop. (The 1-day format can be stacked with a parts therapy workshop, but is not eligible for CE credit for psychologists.) Content is based on the highly praised text, The Art of Hypnotic Regression Therapy: A Clinical Guide(Hunter and Eimer, Crown House Publishing, 2012). This page includes the learning objectives and outline of the regression therapy workshop.
In the 2-day version, Bruce Eimer, Ph.D., may also be a co-presenter or presenter. Designated workshops preceded with two red asterisks on the training calendar of upcoming presentations indicate the following: The Behavior Therapy Center, P.C. & Bruce Eimer, Ph.D., ABPP, are approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Behavior Therapy Center, P.C. & Bruce Eimer, Ph.D., ABPP, maintain responsibility for this program and its content. Roy Hunter is scheduled presenter unless otherwise indicated.
FREE Preview: A free video preview of a 2015 workshop co-presented by both Roy Hunter and Bruce Eimer is available at:
Promote the workshop and share the profits…or find someone else to promote it in your area and attend for FREE as a reward for obtaining a promoter.
1. Summarize basic hypnotic regression therapy (HRT) theory and techniques;
2. Explain the risk and causes of false memories;
3. Explain how to minimize the risk of false memories;
4. Recognize and discuss the differences between leading and guiding;
5. Assess when HRT is indicated;
6. Compile an HRT pre-talk emphasizing the avoidance of preconceived notions about the cause of the problem;
7. Demonstrate one hypnotic induction technique with deepening procedures;
8. Describe and/or demonstrate how to establish ideomotor finger response signals;
9. Describe which past events we look for during HRT;
10. Describe at least two hypnotic regression techniques;
11. Recognize abreactions and describe how to use hypnotic techniques to facilitate the client's ability to release negative emotions surrounding a past event and to reframe the meaning of the event;
12. Explain how to use appropriate hypnotic suggestion at the conclusion of the regression in order to increase the probability of lasting success;
13. Practice a regression technique in dyads;
14. Explain how the techniques and safeguards built into diversified client centered hypnosis insure that the material uncovered comes from the client and not from the therapist.
Outline or Presentation Plan (2-day version)
The Four Hypnotic Steps to Facilitate Change (hypnotherapy objectives).
Ideomotor responses to determine whether or not to employ regression.
What IS hypnotic regression therapy (HRT), and which hypnotic objectives can it fulfill?
When is regression appropriate?
The difference between guiding and leading.
In-depth explanation of regression
Phase 1: Client Preparation
Phase 2: Regression Techniques to Discover the Cause
Phase 3: Abreactions and Release
Phase 4: Subconscious Relearning
Phase 5: Concluding the Session
Role Play and Demonstrations (repeated as time permits)
Facilitator demonstration followed by discussion.
Roleplay of an interesting case (will you be the one to find the key to resolution?).
Additional demonstration(s) as time permits.
Supervised HRT practice sessions
Group discussion of challenges encountered during practice sessions
Past life regressions: fact or fantasy?
Ethics, possible explanations, techniques, and demonstration (based on group interest and/or time).
Repeated demonstrations - as time permits.
Contact Roy to Sponsor a Regression Therapy Workshop in Your Area!
Last update: January 6, 2017